It has taken almost a year – and an incredible 2,500 hours of volunteer labour – but Shelter No.3 on East Parade is now finished.
The incredible project was completed by Bexhill Heritage, which was formed three years ago to help conserve and protect our beautiful town.
The society was asked last September by Rother District Council to help finish repairs to the shelter, which dates back to 1921.
It was built by Frederick William Parker, a builder and undertaker in Bexhill – and even featured in the 1950 film, Double Confession.
However, the many years of being battered by the weather had left the once impressive structure in need of love and attention.
Click here to visit the Bexhill Heritage site and read more about how the renovation has taken place.